Menu

ie-send-keys issue

Help
lalaar
2007-12-11
2013-04-25
  • lalaar

lalaar - 2007-12-11

I created new target with few script to run sequentially. When I use ie-send-keys in first script , the Jameleon runs till the end of the script then it hangs , Jameleon is not continues to the second script . I have to kill the run start the next script ...

Does any one know wht is the cause of this issue ? Or is there any solution ?

Thanks in Advance 

• Christian Hargraves

ie-send-keys is not thread safe. I always use ie-send-keys as a last result.

• lalaar

lalaar - 2007-12-12

Oh if thats the case I am using ie-send-keys for 2 purpose one is for upload a file like typing in the file path in the browse dialog box. Another is for clicking ok for javascript alert pop up .

Do we have any other solution for it ?

Thanks in Advance

• Christian Hargraves

not in this plug-in. However, a small refactor of the send-keys might help with this. The ie-send-keys tag seems to be more finicky than I would like. The problem is in trying to find a window with the given title. If it doesn't find it within the first few seconds, it seems to hang, waiting for the window to appear.

The reason for thread safety is mostly due the fact that you will have several windows open when running in threads, and the send keys function simply finds the first window matching the provided title it can find, which might be the wrong one.

Are you Java savvy at all? Maybe you can take a look at that tag.