Menu

Jameleon and Eclipse

Help
otrack
2008-03-04
2013-04-25
  • otrack

otrack - 2008-03-04

I set up a project in Eclipse and the path is D:\Jameleon3.3\trunk\jameleon-core as my project root path.  While I am in JameleonLaucher, I run the program as Java appliccation but it couldn't find the icon files.  Which setting in options should I set for it to find the icons folder?

• Christian Hargraves

which icons can't it find? The HTML icons or the Java Swing icons?

• otrack

otrack - 2008-03-05

It can't find all the swing icons.  When I run the program, the Swing panel is missing the icons, and it can't display the script info either.

• Christian Hargraves

Sorry it took me a while to actually understand the problem. The problem, I think, is the way the JameleonLauncher works. It is trying to find the jameleon home by looking for itself and hoping it's in a jar file. You can do two things:

- Build the application and tell Eclipse to run the JameleonLauncher from the jar file and not from the class file.
          - Set the jameleon.home System property (-Djameleon.home=c:/whatever/jameleon-core).

I don't know why you are running from jameleon-core in the first place as that is not how it is supposed to be run, but the above two suggestions should work.

• Christian Hargraves

Just to clarify. One of the two suggestions should work.

• otrack

otrack - 2008-03-07

I tried option 2 and it's still not found the icons folder.  The Jameleon directory is on d:\jameleon33\trunk\jameleon-core and the icon folder is located at D:\Jameleon33\trunk\jameleon-core\res\icons.  I have to use option 2 in order to use Eclipse as my development tool.

• Christian Hargraves

Maybe try setting jameleon.home to ../jameleon-core/res ?

Are you developing new Jameleon functionality in Eclipse or are you writing tests with Jameleon?

• otrack

otrack - 2008-03-07

Right now I am just tried out the tutorials and wish to use Eclipse to step thru your codes.  Once I get comfortable with Jameleon-core, I like to develope new functionalities for it.  I added the res to ./jameleon-core/res and it still can't find the icon files.  The program seems working fine without the images in the buttons thought.

• Christian Hargraves

Ok. Well, that's kind of how I developed it. I developed the GUI to be run from a jar file and to auto-discover where it is being run from and then to find all of the required jars and set up the classpath accordingly. I believe the problem is the icons are assumed to be inside the jameleon-core.jar file.

I think you could run the GUI a different way inside of Eclipse. The jameleon-launcher.jar file is meant to be an executable jar. But as you said, it works w/o the icons.