How to use Jelly tag - mail

Help
Max
2008-02-29
2013-04-25
  • Max

Max - 2008-02-29

Hi Christian,

I want to use Jelly tag 'mail'. But I'm getting error 'BUILD FAILED java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/MessagingException'

I downloaded 'commons-jelly-tags-email-1.0.jar' and placed in libraries. I added this line to (<classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/jameleon-test-suite-3.3/lib/commons-jelly-tags-email-1.0.jar"/>) to .classpath file. I declared xml spacename inside the script (xmlns:em="jelly:email") and added email tag with valid attributes to the script. What am I missing?

<em:mail
    from="firsttest@outlook.com"
    to="secondtest@outlook.com"
    message="My test"
    server="mail.smtp.host"
    subject="Test - Automatic notification"/>

Thanks

• Christian Hargraves

Look at what libraries the commons-jelly-tags-email requires. I believe you'll find you need java's mail jar.

• Max

Max - 2008-03-04

Thanks for this tips. I'm not getting error and it doesn't send email either. Have you ever use is tag? Is there any additional attributes that I should pass to make this tag working?

• Christian Hargraves

I've never used this tag. By the looks of your previous post, you set the smtp host to "mail.smtp.host". Is that where you actually send e-mail to? I would think it would be something like smtp.yourcompany.com or whatever your e-mail client is set to (unless you have sendmail or something running on your localhost, in which case, you set it to localhost).

• Max

Max - 2008-03-04

Actually I did set to right mail exchange server. I just don't want to disclose company info.

• Christian Hargraves

hmm... The only things I can think of are the ones i already mentioned. The biggest one making sure you have all of your required jars in the lib directory. Sorry I can't help more.

• Max

Max - 2008-03-04

I had added those 8 jars

mail.jar
      dsn.jar
      mailapi.jar
      imap.jar
      pop3.jar
      smtp.jar
      activation.jar
      commons-jelly-tags-email-1.0.jar

And 2 jars was already part of Jameleon library

commons-jelly-1.0.jar
      commons-logging-1.1.jar

I don't know what else could be missing.