Jameleon GUI for custom tags - Not visible

Help
Priya Naik
2009-01-08
2013-04-25
  • Priya Naik

Priya Naik - 2009-01-08

Hi
    I have downloaded the jre-1_5_0_17, Jameleon Test Suite 3.3-RC1 and use IE7. I am performing steps as per the Jameleon_manual-0.6 provided. After installing the Generate Action Point button was not available and hence could not go ahead with 'Jameleon GUI for custom tags'.

Please let me know how to go ahead. What needs to be done for getting the button on the Jameleaon GUI?

Thanks in advance,
    Priya

• Christian Hargraves

Hi Priya,

I believe the problem is in 3.3-RC1. It includes the latest release of Jiffie which works better on multi-processor boxes, but doesn't work on non-muli-proc boxes. Therefore, I had to disable the button in RC1. I then downgraded back to the previous version of Jiffie in 3.3-RC2 and re-enabled that button.

BTW, don't feel like you can only create custom tags via the action point generator. You can also just write a simple Java class to accomplish that. Check out the samples of the plug-ins you are interested in. Also each tag on the site should have a corresponding link to the source code for that tag.