We are pleased to announce that Jahshaka 2.0RC1 has been announced 'stable' and the source is now available! We put a lot of hard work into rewriting jahshaka as a framework that can take us into the future and we look forward to your feedback!
Jahshaka 2.0 is a complete rewrite of the jahshaka core and so it took a lot longer that we thought it would to get to a stable version. But since its a rewrite, it comes with a lot of added power and functionality so we hope its worth the wait!
In addition to a variety of improvements we have built a core architecture that can take us into the future and that we can easily build on from here on out to deliver much faster turnaround on major improvements. It will also make it much easier for open source developers out there to join the team and help to move us forward!
There are some cool screenshots of the 2.0 framework in action up on the Screenshots section, feel free to check them out!
Linux builds great from the source and the windows installer is available online. We should be finished packaging the other installers shortly and will post them to the downloads section as they become available.
Since this is the first Jahshaka 2.0 release candidate, we really need your help in debugging and making it as stable as possible so please get involved.
* powerful media desktop with anhanced ui support
* powerful non-linear editor (linux only to start)
* fully revamped animation with real time 2d and 3d gpu effects
* fully revamped effects modules with initial node based compositing
* powerful 3d model support
* integrated gpu accelerated keyer
* revamped gpu color corrector
* web based asset browsing
* video paint
* XML project files
* private file sharing over the internet
* rpm lsb installers
* totally new, developer friendly code-base architecture!
* uses the Visual Media 'openlibraries' for plugin based expandability of all 3d, gpu, shader, audio and media file formats
The Jahshaka Project
Log in to post a comment.