Welcome to JAFFA - Java Application Framework For All
This release is a maintenance release primarily focused on Struts 1.1 compatibility, but it also includes all the smaller feature requests and bug fixes over the last few months.
The next planned release is V2.0, focused on a new set of component patterns.
Highlights of New Features in Version 1.3
- We now support Struts 1.1 and Tiles within the Presentation Layer, and can support widgets being nested across multiple tiles
- We have new Ant Tasks to support the fragment merging, making the build scripts much simpler
- We've added additional connection pool support. - We support access via the original DbConnectionBroker, or the Jakarta Commons DBCP package, as well as supporting JNDI DataSources from within the web container. In addition to this the persistence engine config file now has a DTD which is validated against.
- We now fully support the 'BOOLEAN' datatype. It now supports different packing styles, viz. BOOLEAN_BIT, BOOLEAN_TF, BOOLEAN_YN, BOOLEAN_10
- We've added some new utilities:- SettingsBase for business rules and EmailHelper for sending Excel Attachments
- We've added support for database generated key in the persistence layer
- Modified the Tomcat encryption Realm to support DataSources and connection pooling