Davis 240c - Caught event that could not be handled

Help
Daniel
2017-05-30
2017-05-30
  • Daniel

Daniel - 2017-05-30

Hi,
    I recently updated the firmware for my Davis 240c, and no i cant get any event data from the camera.
    Running jaer in windows 7 or ubuntu - i get a constant stream of Caught event that could not be handled.
    Problem only started after updating the camera firmware.

Thanks

• Tobi Delbruck

Tobi Delbruck - 2017-05-30

Hi Daniel, did you realize that jaer has migrated to githib? The changes to make jaer compatible with latest firmware may not have made it into the final jaer on sourceforge before commits there were disabled. In this case you should use git to clone the github jaer.

If the changes made it to the sourceforge subversion repo (SVN), then update from there.
    You might need to recompile jaer after SVN update from sourceforge.
    You can do that from netbeans with F11 to build the jar (after SVN update). Or if you have ant installed, from a terminal you can navigate to the jAER trunk folder and run "ant jar". This will compile the modified java sources and package them to the jAER.jar.

The launchers like jAERViewer1.5_win64.exe start the java virtual machine (JVM) and tell the JVM to run from the compiled classes in jAER.jar.

Let us know how it goes. Maybe Luca has additional comments.

• Luca Longinotti

Luca Longinotti - 2017-05-30

Hi, yes that looks like you had an out-of-date jAER. Both jAER in SVN (old) and GitHub (new) should have the changes needed, and an up-to-date dist/jaer.jar has been committed to both. But you should use the GitHub version from now on, as that's where all development will be going on. I see you opened a bug on GitHub inilabs/devices but closed it right after, so I assume you solved your problem. Can you confirm updating jAER was the solution? Or something else?
    Thanks and have a nice day, Luca.