Timestamp creation and calibration on DAVIS240C

Help
Timo S
2017-06-04
2017-06-04
  • Timo S

Timo S - 2017-06-04

Hi all!

I see that the timestamps recieved through USB from the DAVIS 240C are shorts, which when they overflow are complemented by a wraparound. I'm guessing that the values recieved are relative to each other and expressed in microseconds. Is that correct?
    However, I would like to synchronise the timestamps recieved with some other sensors. Is there some way I can set the clock on the DAVIS 240C, or is it necessary to perform this calibration myself, perhaps using blinking LEDs or similar?

Many thanks,
    Timo

• Luca Longinotti

Luca Longinotti - 2017-06-04

The values are in microseconds, relative to the last wraparound. 15 bits are used for timestamps, so ~32ms between wrap-arounds. What do you mean by set the clock? The timestamps will always be 1µs, changing that requires massive changes in the whole stack, from logic to software. You can reset them to zero (TimestampReset in cAER, pressing '0' in jAER). You can also synchronize the camera to anything that outputs a 10 KHz clock, or use the camera as a source for such clock, see https://inilabs.com/support/hardware/synchronisation/ you can also run a simple signal detector on the IN jack's signal to get events every time it sees an edge, which you can in theory use to synchronize to any external system in post-processing, we use this with Vicons for example.