Jadex V2 and Cartago WS

Marc
2010-09-03
2013-06-12
  • Marc

Marc - 2010-09-03

Hi Lars/Alex,

It's been a while for me to pick things up again, but great work you did on Jadex V2. I read your publication on "The Notions of Application, Spaces and Agents" and especially the last line of it:  "One very interesting approach is the realization of a truly distributed environment space using CArtAgOas underlying technology." triggered me.

I'm trying to implement a Continuous Double Auction mechanism with Jadex and spaces, to see what is actually happening (like a regular eBroker does). I tried to tweak the Dutch/Englisch Auction protocol a bit, but all the message passing involved seems cumbersome to me. This is why I look at Cartago as a means to use some sort of blackboard as an Artifact for trading agents to see whats happening and act accordingly by means of percepts.
    The latest version of C4Jadex is an alpha version, only suitable for Jadex V1. My questions are:
    1. Is there a Continuous Double Auction Protocol available for Jadex with light-weigth messaging?
    2. What is the status of your research regarding Jadex, spaces and Cartago? Update on C4JadexV2?
    3. If I want to proceed trying Cartago with Jadex, what resources are available besides sourceforge?

Thanks,

Marc

• Lars Braubach

Lars Braubach - 2010-09-07

Hi Marc,

great to hear from you again. Would be interesting to know for us how your project is developing?

Regarding the specific problem you mention I would suggest that there are two easier alternatives:

a) With bpmn (as BDI plans or selfcontained components) it is much easier to design and implement interaction protocols graphically. We have done this as a proof of concept for contract-net and identified several recurring patterns for bpmn interaction pattern construction. If you are interested in this topic you could have a look at:
    http://jadex-agents.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/xwiki/bin/download/Resources/Publications/workflowinteractions.pdf

b) Using active component you can expose service interfaces which can transparently be locally or remotely invoked. They should use futures as return values to not block the invoking components. Using services one could implement protocols very similar as with artifacts. In fact we see that our active components unify some concepts from artifacts with agents. 

Best regards
    Alex
    Lars

• Marc

Marc - 2010-09-13

Hi Lars/Alex,

Thanks for the reply, I'll dig in to it. As my project is concerned, step by step it's progressing, not as fast as I would like, you know that. However, a new opportunity has arisen and -carefully managing expectations here- maybe by the end of this year I will come back to you with some interesting stuff…cliffhanger..

Marc

• Lars Braubach

Lars Braubach - 2010-09-19

Hi Marc,

best of luck for your efforts. We are quite happy with the new possibilities of using services as facades for agents and access them also in an object-oriented way. Will be interesting for us if you also find it intuitive. We currently only have implemented
    Contract-Net using BPMN but we want this being extended. So we will also have a look at the auctions stuff….

Best
    Lars

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks