Dynamic generation of constraints?

Help
Anonymous
2013-02-24
2013-05-30
  • Anonymous - 2013-02-24

Dear all,

I am a student at the University of Gothenburg, and I am interested in using Jacop in a project I am working on.

I was wondering if Jacop can parse constraints from text files, or if it possible only to specify them directly in Java code? The reason I ask is because all the constraints I would be using Jacop to solve are generated dynamically during runtime.

I previously used an SMT solver for this, and generated the constraints in SMT-LIB before feeding them to it. I would be delighted if I could do the same with Jacop.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

• Anonymous - 2013-02-24

Correction (can't edit for some reason):  I am not asking if Jacop can read SMT-LIB files, only if it can read any kind of text files with constraints in general.

• kris

kris - 2013-02-24

Hi!

JaCoP can read models (constraints and a search definition) in flatzinc format. This format is generated by compiling minizinc. JaCoP reads the model poses all constraints and solves the model. This is implemented in JaCoP.fz package and you call method Fz2jacop. You may need to make changes in this package if you want to use it for your purpose since we use it from a command line for solving minizinc models.

Best regards,
    /Kris

• Anonymous - 2013-02-24

Thanks a lot Kris, that is great to hear! I will be sure to check it out.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks