Is there any sort of documentaion?

Help
2012-09-27
2013-05-20
  • Diogo Dornas Pereira

Hello,

Recently i started working on a project to control access to a club trough the use of a control turnstile.
    The turnstile communicates with a TCP/IP interface and to give access to the club i need to go trough these few steps.

1 - Receive the codebar number on the card swept in the turnstile.
    2 - Connect to a MySQL DB and check if everything is in order to allow access.
    3 - In case everything is OK send the command to allow access.

The manufactures of the turnstyle already sent me the OCX to make the access and the manual of all the functions in the OCX. My problem is that i can't find a single good manual describing how to make use of jacob. If anyone has any sugestions i would be glad.

Just to describe my problem in a litle more detail, i need, inside a Swing application, to keep constant listening of the TCP/IP connection with the turnstile (already achieved) and then make use of a series of the OCX funtions to treat the data i receive and turn it into a comprehensible integer(instead of a series of characters that makes no sense to me) and send the command  to "allow entrance".

What is already done on the software:
    it connects perfectly to a remote MySQL database (i can do any sort of querys with no problem ad all;
    it keeps listening the corret socket and it does receive all the data i need;

What needs to be done:
    grab the bytestream i receive and "pass it trough" a command on the OCX that than returns an unecrypted String with the data on the barcode;
    send the correct comand in the OCX that "allows" of "block" the access;

The OCX is prety straightforward, and among its (already limited) set of commands the ones i actualy need to make use are:
    connect,
    disconnect,
    receive the barcode on the card,
    update the options in the turnstyle,
    allow access,
    block access,
    clear/create a buffered list with a number of cards to allow access wen the network is down.

Any sugestion of a manual or any sort of decent exemple or already existing code so i can actualy LEARN how to make this?

• K Edwards

K Edwards - 2013-01-23

I am also looking for a tutorial to know how to start using JACOB.

Anyone?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks