crc32 not displayed in hexadecimal

Help
Al Ex
2007-06-11
2013-03-18
  • Al Ex

Al Ex - 2007-06-11

Hello,
    when I process all algorithms, the crc32-one is displayed in hexadecimal, how I want it.
    But when I select the crc32 in the list, it process it in decimal.
    How can I change it to hexadecimal?

• Johann N. Löfflmann

By default the actual encoding of the checksum/digest is dependent on the algorithm. Most one-way-hash algorithms print their digiest in hex while a checksum or a CRC is usually printed in decimal format. The exception of the default is the "-a all" option where a normalization happens.

jacksum -h -a
      [...]
                        If you specify "-a all" all supported algorithms are used,
                        see also -F. As soon as "all" or a plus character is used,
                        the output is normalized with a hex checksum and a decimal
                        filesize. [...]

You can change the default encoding to an algorithm independent encoding. To set a hexadecimal format for each algorithm at the SendTo menu, just add the option called "-E hex" (without the quotes) to the batch file (see secion :algo).

:algo
      call javaw -jar "C:\Program Files\Jacksum Windows Explorer Integration\jacksum.jar" -a "%1" -E hex -f -p -O %OUTPUT% -U %OUTPUT% %PARAMS:~11%

Regards,
      jonelo