#1098 Not importing month fields from XML files (Jabref 2.8.1)

next release
closed
Import (77)
5
2015-11-13
2012-08-17
Francisco
No

I'm new to JabRef but as I started I found I could not do the first thing I wanted. When importing my 1000+ XML-based (from MS Word) references (mostly IEEE), I found that all the references imported to JabRef had the month field empty!
I did this test and found that this is a problem when importing from *any* XML file, even if created by JabRef irself. You can just create a reference in JabRef containing a month, export it to XML, and import it back. It won't read the month field that was initially there.
I believe this is a bug. A friend who recommended JabRef to me tried this and was surprised to see it happening in his computer as well. We´re unable to find any support for this in the internet.

Discussion

  • Francisco

    Francisco - 2012-09-04

    Jabref does not import the month field from XML (such as MS Word. This seems to be a major bug. Notice that Jabref is the only tool able to import MS Word XML references and convert them to BibTex. Failing to import the month of a paper or any publication is a major problem if you have hundreds or thousands of references to import.

     
  • Oliver Kopp

    Oliver Kopp - 2012-10-29

    Please try JabRef 2.9 beta 1.

     
  • Tobias

    Tobias - 2015-11-13

    Seems to be fixed now (at least in the current development version). If not, then please get back to us and we open this bug report again.

     
  • Tobias

    Tobias - 2015-11-13
    • status: pending --> closed
     

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks