MapGrid

2011-07-13
2013-06-12
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

I am working on a display rendering using A661. I was thinking about using MapGrid widgets but I am not able to found that widget in your Arinc661 Editor tool.
    Is that widget implemented in the 0.50 version of the tool ?
    If the answer is yes could you explain me how to manage Map grid with your tool ?

thank you!
    Regards,
    fabien

• Hervé Girod

Hervé Girod - 2011-07-15

hmm, MapGrid is not supported yet. However, if you need this type of widget, I could probably add support for it, because digital maps is something I/ we wanted to add support for for a long time. What is your use case, to see if I can provide a limited functionality soon, and update it later?

There is also another way of managing maps within ARINC 661 and the j661 tools, it is to use the current MapLegacy widget and address an "external" map library. I think this kind of widget can also be very useful, because it involves much less work in the UA side. Which approach would you prefer. To be honest I initially wanted to support this second approach first, but if there is interest for the first, why not beginning by it?

Herve

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,

I want to use A661 to display terrain areas. For what I saw on the A661 spec, the MapGrid widget is the only widget that can be use to draw map. That's why I am very interested to manipulate that kind of widget…
    I you can provide support for that widget I will be very grateful for that :-)

About the MapLegacy widget, I saw that it was deprecated in A661-4 and is removed on issue 5.  That's why I am not very interested to work with.

fabien

• Hervé Girod

Hervé Girod - 2011-07-18

Hello,

Yes you are right, I was too quick when proposing the second solution, because you are right about the deprecation of the MapLegacy widget and its removal for supplement 5. What made me mention this widget is that there is a very good chance that the supplement 5 will have some Map widget with the kind of capabilities that MapLegacy had, but this widget is still not defined yet ;) There are some things which made the MapLegacy difficult to use, for example it was not possible to select a channel for the digital map, or also it was not possible to change the visibility of the widget itself.

As for the MapGrid, I will propose something, I know how this widget works but I don't know how much time I will need to develop it. I will post in the forum after I had given some thought about it.

Herve

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,

Thank you for your time herve !
    I will wait for the next release.

regards,
    Fabien

• Hervé Girod

Hervé Girod - 2011-07-20

Stay tuned ;)

Herve

• Hervé Girod

Hervé Girod - 2011-08-01

This still does nothing for the moment, but a A661_MAP_GRID widget has been added in trunk. Definition Files can be defined with this widget. I hope to have a first implementation for 0.51 Beta 1 (or maybe beta 2) release

• Nobody/Anonymous

thank you herve
    I'm looking forward for the next release ! :)

fabien

• Nobody/Anonymous

Having some form of "terrain view" facility would indeed be interesting. For example, one could then use a new "TerrainProvider" plugin for supporting different file formats and data sources, such as GeoTIFF or even FlightGear's internal scenery format to show a view of the terrain at a certain position - maybe with an option to apply a configurable palette of colors using a height map?.

- Hooray

• Hervé Girod

Hervé Girod - 2011-08-27

I was thinking about this yes ;)

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hello hervé,

I saw that Map Grid Widget is available in the UI  (thanks by the way) => I didn't test it yet, but is it fully implemented or is this just the begining ? :)

regards,
    fabien

• Hervé Girod

Hervé Girod - 2012-02-03

Hello,

Sorry unfortunately it is just the beginning. You can create Definition Files using this widget, but  for the moment it does nothing visible.

Hervé

• Nobody/Anonymous

ok, no problem,
    thanks

Fabien

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks