Help
Anonymous
2002-03-01
2013-03-22
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2002-03-01

Sorry, I am pretty new to this stuff .. I tried
    c:/>java -jar Memopad.jar
    Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid END header (bad central directory offset)
            at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
            at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

• Nick Pellow

Nick Pellow - 2002-03-18

Yep, I get a similar message when I try and unzip the jar file. I used IE 5.5 to download it.
      I can get the app to run fine using the J2ME Wireless Toolkit though.

• Chris Walters

Chris Walters - 2002-04-01

The application isn't meant to run from the command line, only from the J2ME Wireless Toolkit (availble from java.sun.com) or on a phone.  I've tested it extensively on the Motorola i85s.

Chris

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2002-05-20

I am trying to use the converter that comes with midp4palm1.0 to convert the .jad & .jar file to a .prc file to install to palm.  I get an error indicating that the jar and jad files aren't matching up.  I also attempt to open the jar, and my unregistered version of win zip shows:  "error missing 19 bytes in zip file..."  - the jar file appears to not be valid ????  I haven't tried to get this to work under the wireless toolkit yet.  I will try that next.

• Alfian Indra Prastyo

I'm trying to install this application to my nokia 3510i , using MobiMB 1.2.5, but it cannot be installed (drag n drop operation not allowed, cross mouse cursor displayed). I try for another J2ME application, but successful.

• Chris Walters

Chris Walters - 2003-10-12

I'm not familiar with the MobiMB appliation, but I have tried this app on other Nokia phones without difficulty.  Have you tried running the Memopad in a J2ME emulator on your system?

• mzbl

mzbl - 2005-01-18

It seems to be a brocken memopad.jar file,
      I can't run it with wtk
      can't unzip it,
      It size doesn't march the one in memopad.jad file.
      Could you please check?

• Chris Walters

Chris Walters - 2005-01-19

Hmm... The JAR file appears to corrupt for some reason.  Don't know how that happened, but the source code is valid.  I'm rebuilding the JAR and JAD today from the original code and will have it posted later today.  In the meantime, feel free to download the source.

Chris

• halplus

halplus - 2007-06-09

The file is broken. I've got this error while releasing files in SF sometimes. Seems that the ftp protocol is not very much reliable. I upload over sftp (using shell.sourceforge.net) to my account there and the internally (and close to the ftp server) y upload the files to the ftp and then later delete them in my account. Try that. BTW to this date the file is still broken. If I have some time probably would build it for myself. But keep in mind that most ppl is unable to use it that way.

Regards hal+