Tutorial on configuring all recent MS OSes

Anonymous
2012-02-02
2012-11-29

• Anonymous
    2012-02-02

Hi,

my company created a tool that uses JInterop to collect data on Windows systems for security analysis. Therefore we were faced with the challenge that we have to document how to configure a system in order to collect data on. After a lot of trial and error I installed 18 VMs (9 Client and 9 Server OSses) each with a different version or Service Pack on them. I then tried to connect to those systems. Naturally there were problems. Unfortunately the web was no real big help in sorting them out. All I could find were short descriptions of what to do most of the time I found out to find the same information beeing recycled over and over again without anyone acutally explaining something.

Thats why I started documenting exactly that.

This was a pretty intense operation and I thougt that it might help the public in using JInterop. That's why I'll contribute this to the public.

The documentation is available at: https://dev.c-ware.de/confluence/display/PUBLIC/Config+Changes+needed+to+make+J-Interop+work

Feel free to comment on it and to correct me where my assumptions were wrong.

Hope it helps someone not wast his time finding out on his own.

Chris

PS: Keep up the good work :-)

• Hi There,
                    Brilliant Job ! If I had a trophy I would have given it to you :) … Thank you very much.

best regards,
    Vikram

• Anonymous
    2012-02-06

Glad you like it and hope it helps making your support tasks a little eaysier :-)