Menu

Example source code

2007-08-14
2012-11-29
  • DataFiddler

DataFiddler - 2007-08-14

First of all: Thanks for putting this project under LGPL, vikram.

Next: I got my first example ( MSADO ) running !
    (removing undefined %JAVA_HOME% , but java.exe is found via the PATH env variable ;)
    (execute.bat localhost ourdomain.int myaccount mypassword)
    hint1: account without the domain\ prefix, even if it's a domain account.
    hint2: for localhost, "" instead of ourdomain.int does work well, too.

It prints some data, which obviously come from the sample database and exits.

I don't mind that all is hard coded, but to get started quickly and easily, wouldn't it be nice to have the sample in source code?
    I see the .class file of the samples are in  j-interop.jar?, and I can't find the .java files.
    Is this intended?

• Vikram Roopchand

Hi Data,
              The example source code should be in the "examples" folder (as src , I think). I put it there most of the times and certainly hope that I did not miss it this time :(...

If it's missing, I request you to kindly take it from the CVS ...I am close to RC2 and will rectify this issue with that release.

Thanks and my sincere apologies,
      best regards,
      Vikram

• Vikram Roopchand

yes, I just checked, it should be under "examples-->Source of examples".

Thanks,
        best regards,
        Vikram

• DataFiddler

DataFiddler - 2007-08-14

Yes, sorry and thanks.

• Erik S

Erik S - 2010-06-30

Hate to bump such an old thread, but I was looking for source examples in the current releases of j-Interop and could not find them in there like i could in the 1.x downloads.  Where might I find those?

I see that you referred datafiddler to your CVS repository.  How would one access that?

• Bustamam Harun

Bustamam Harun - 2010-06-30

The zip file in the "Files" section on j-interop sourceforge project contains the "examples" folder.

• Vikram Roopchand

Hi,
          Please have a look at the SF page for j-Interop. We have moved to SVN from CVS. The code is here http://j-interop.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/j-interop/.

best regards,
    Vikram