Bandpass filter

Help
2013-02-27
2013-03-01
  • Bogdan Hlevca

Bogdan Hlevca - 2013-02-27

Hello,

I would like to use IT++ Filter capabilities to create a band pass filter with low cuttoff = a and high cutoff = b. Something like the buttord filter in Matlab or SciPy.

Is there any tutorial or documentation beside the doxygen generated that explains how to use IT++ for this purpose. A google search did not return anything useful.

Or, if anyone has the time to paste some sample code here it will be greatly appreciated.

In general, is there some good documentation about IT++. It seems very powerful and I want to create some modules in C++ that I can use from Python,

Thanks
    Bogdan

• Bogdan Cristea

Bogdan Cristea - 2013-02-27

Hi

As far as I know IT++ does not have capabilities for designing digital filters. You need to use a third party tool to compute the coefficients, then use filter functions to filter some input signal. For an example, just follow the MATLAB implementation.

Doxygen documentation is the only documentation we have. There are some examples, also included into doc. Otherwise, just have a look at the sources.

For python there is a module allowing to load into python it files (found in sources from trunk branch of the svn repository). Thus python can be used in order to graphically represent the data, instead of MATLAB. In MATLAB you have the option to either save or load it files.

regards
    Bogdan

• andy_panov

andy_panov - 2013-02-27

I tend to agree with Bogdan that ITPP does not provide convenient solution for filter design, but here is a bit more info regarding it:

1./signal/filter_design.h - provides some means to design IIR filter with modified Yule-Walker equations. I did not give it a try so I can not comment on it any further.
    2.other files in signal folder provide enough building blocks to design FIR using windowing method.

Andy

• Bogdan Hlevca

Bogdan Hlevca - 2013-03-01

Thank you guys.

I'll have a look at the filter_design.h and see what I can do with it.

I will look also at the module allowing load of it files into python. I am used to boost libraries, which are much easier to used than SWIG. I suspect that the it module does something similar to boost.

Bogdan

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks