Menu

Error: linking to Fortran libraries from C fails

Help
2013-12-18
2013-12-18
  • Lu Velasquez

Lu Velasquez - 2013-12-18

Hello evebody!

I have a problem with the instalation of IT++ library, when I execute the comand ./configure using the MSYS compiler, appear the next message error:

checking for Fortran 77 libraries of g77.... -Lc:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5 -LC:MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc -L/ming/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5 -Lc:/MIngGW/bin/../lib/gcc/ming32/3.4.5/../../../mingw32/lib/ -L/mingw/lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/../../../../mingw32/lib -L/mingw/lib -Lc:/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32 -lmoldname -lmingwex -lmsvcrt -luser32 -lkernel32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32
    checking for dummy main to link with Fortran 77 libraries... unknown
    configure: error: in '/c/librerias/itpp-4.2':
    configure: error: linking to Fortran libraries from C fails
    See'config.log'for more details.

I can't install the library. I search some solution, but I dont have lucky.

Pleasee!!!! help me to solve this problem!

• Bogdan Cristea

Bogdan Cristea - 2013-12-18

please use cmake instead of configure

• Lu Velasquez

Lu Velasquez - 2013-12-18

Hi, I try with cmake and this is the result...

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "Visual Studio 12". CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set. You probably need to select a different build tool.
    CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file: C:/IT/itpp-4.3.1/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.1/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
    CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file: C:/IT/itpp-4.3.1/CMakeFiles/2.8.12.1/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
    Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I dont know what I should do.

• Bogdan Cristea

Bogdan Cristea - 2013-12-18

Probably you have used cmake GUI, use instead cmake from mingw command line and follow the installation instructions.