IT++ 3.9.0 and MSVC .net 7.0

Help
Dan T
2006-01-02
2012-09-15
  • Dan T

Dan T - 2006-01-02

Hallo everybody,

I have built IT++ 3.7.3 under MSVC 7.0 (I have replaced the MKL by ATLAS, as we cannot buy MKL), and everything seems to work fine.

However, I need a 3.9.0 version, as it contains utilities as roots() and poly() which I need very much. The problem is, that we do not have MSVC 8.0 bought, neither we plan it to buy.

The question is, can I have download some pre-build packages of 3.9.0 version, or is there a way how to build the 3.9.0 version under the MSVC 7.0 (I have tried it, but many errors had appeared). Or, can those utilities be back-ported to 3.7.3 version?

Thank you very much for your help,
    Dan

• Adam Piątyszek

Adam Piątyszek - 2006-01-02

Hi Dan,

One of the aims of the IT++ library is to be a free software. That is why it is developed under the GPL license and depends mainly on GNU software. Therefore, the GCC compiler, both under Linux/Unix and Windows (Cygwin) is the recommended compiler.

We do not have `resources' to test and support other compilers and their older versions. You are welcome to help us testing and resolving compilation and linking problems under various platforms/compilers.

As for backporting some functionallity to older versions, we won't do this, mainly due to the lack of time. We can only maintain the latest version. But, for sure, you can try to do it for yourself.

Best regards,

/ediap

• Omer Ran

Omer Ran - 2006-01-02

Consider using Visual Studio 2005 express. this version is a fully functional C++/win32 environment, which is (currenly) free.
      I managed to use it to build IT++ 3.8.1 with MKL 8.0 with some minor changes (inlined certain template specialization and replaced some function with their "safe" versios)