OpenMP and GPU

luis
2013-04-09
2013-04-11
  • luis

luis - 2013-04-09

I would like work adding openMP and GPU functionality. Would that be useful?

• Bogdan Cristea

Bogdan Cristea - 2013-04-09

Hi Luis
    Thread safety support has been already discussed here and some changes have been made in random numbers generation and FFT. Your contribution is welcome and probably other developers might be interested in this topic too.
    regards
    Bogdan

• luis

luis - 2013-04-09

I've noticed the thread safety support. it would be great to have some datasets where I could stress the performance and benchmark the current application. Are there datasets and/or pieces of code where I could start from?

• Bogdan Cristea

Bogdan Cristea - 2013-04-09

No, there are currently no datasets or benchmarks. We use unit tests (currently there are obsolete unit tests, in tests folder and unit tests based on Google test framework, in gtests folder). However, it would be great to have some benchmarks (some discussions about comparisons between armadillo and IT++ have already taken place here)

• Bogdan Cristea

Bogdan Cristea - 2013-04-11

Just another thing: if you decide to implement a new feature please open a feature request so that anyone can see on what are you working. Once you have a patch ready, please attach your patch to the feature request.