Menu

iTALC 2.0.1 Windows 7 demo mode freeze

derkirsche
2013-08-22
2016-09-27
  • derkirsche

derkirsche - 2013-08-22

Hi! I'm trying to use iTALC 2.0.1 in our classroom. The computers are running with Win7 Enterprise.
    Everything works fine except the both demo modes. Although they start correctly, the client screens freeze after some seconds. Not all at the same time. When i turn the demo mode off, the client screens show their desktop again.
    Has someone an idea, how i can solve this problem?

Last edit: derkirsche 2013-08-30
  • derkirsche

derkirsche - 2013-08-30

Me again. I tried to use iTALC2 in another classroom with different hardware. These PC's are running too with Win7(64bit). I tried iTALC2 64bit and 32bit. The results were always the same.

• J.T. Demel

J.T. Demel - 2013-09-06

Hi!

I've same problem here. 12 Clients / 1 Master with Win7 Pro. Everything works fine, except Demo (windowed or fullscreen). There is only a black screen with a sandclock an messages that connection will be establishes on port 11400.

I tried to shutdown firewalls (master/clients) without effect. Also only use demo on one client didn't work.

Any fixes? Ideas?

Kind regards
    J.T. Demel

• derkirsche

derkirsche - 2013-09-09

Which Demo Server did you use? You have to take the iTALC Server, not the VPN.

• Cool

Cool - 2013-11-13

I have the same problem. Can someone fixed it?
    THis software is very great! But why we cannot use the demo mode? Have any updates of the ver.2.01?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-11-23

Hi everybody !

We use iTalc 2.0.2 with all Windows 7 32bits for teacher and students. I do not use VNC server but the iTalc Demo server.

The demo start running but, after a few seconds, the student demo screen freeze (full size or window size)

All the computers are connected via Wifi to an ASUS modem router.

Does anyone can help us please ?

Thank you

• Scott Allen

Scott Allen - 2015-12-21

I'm having this same issue (screen consistently freezing on student machines). I'm running iTalc 2.0.1 with Windows 7 using the iTalc 1 demo server (not VNC) and using Key file authentication.

• Jakub Simek

Jakub Simek - 2016-05-04

Hi, we are facing exact same issue. Do you have some new solution or information about this problem? Thanks for information.

• Marc

Marc - 2016-09-27

I have the answer! I found it on a Youtube video by an Italian teacher. He uses a free VNC software called tightvnc to replace the vnc server. You install and make a couple of small changes to the TightVNC software and then a couple of small changes in the iTalc management server settings. It works great now for teacher demo and student broadcasted demos! The Video is in Italian but if you just watch it it is pretty clear what you do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAVgLYSYBSU