New iTalc NComputing Problem

2011-10-06
2013-06-05
  • RighteousLee

RighteousLee - 2011-10-06

I just discovered the wonderful capabilities of iTalc for my classroom computer lab. However, after following the directions provided for iTalc and NComputing (Using iTalc 2.0.0 and Windows 7), I was only able to access the main computers on each NComputing station. I attempted to fix this problem. First, I was able to run more than one instance of ica.exe on each computer in a station by disabling the service in Windows 7 and relying on the application alone. Second, I placed the bat file in the all users start menu since the registry wasn't running it on all computers. Unfortunately, I found out ica.exe no longer runs the -ivsport 5901 parameter in iTalc 2.0.0 (I executed a shortcut with the command to ensure the problem was not in the bat file).  Without adding a port to the IP address, I am only able to see one computer on the station depending on which computer ran the ica.exe last. Does the new iTalc have a better feature than the ivsport parameter for distinguishing separate computers with the same IP address? Does anyone know of another workaround?

• Jay Reilly

Jay Reilly - 2011-10-07

You'll probably want to post this on an NComputing forum and also on any educational technology forum that you can.

• Anonymous - 2011-10-19

I'm having the same problem!  Please give a shout out if you find a way to make iTalc 2.0 work on nComputing  Thanks!

• Anjos

Anjos - 2012-01-10

the port that I see it works with is 11100.. but not sure how it does it with ncomputing..
    you might wanna give it a try with that port..  IP:11100 should be the main workstation..

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks