Chris - 2006-11-08

Dear All,
I have successfully set up ISPMan on a multi-server system sitting behind a firewall. The individual services (smtpd, pop3d/imapd wth cyrus, fileserver, httpd, etc.) are located o separate machines with LOCAL I.P. numbers, e.g. 192.168.0.[number]. There is ONE outside IP number for this system at present, with a FQDN.
Issues:
i) I have to correct the DNS settings, as the automagically created I.P.s for virtual hosts are local network numbers.
ii) Mail from postfix to cyrus bounces. Though it should be sent via LMTP, it is sent through SMTP, as ISPMan configures the IMAP server as a remote machine (I.P. is local, ergo differnt from the outside I.P. stated in the Postfix setup). Indeed, the virtual domains are NOT listed in the virtual domains map, but in the relay domains map! Correction via transport tables solves this problem, but is cumbersome, as it does not support wildcards, and has to be done for each and every hosted domain.
Is there a way to solve this problem by adding alias names in the hosts configuration section, such as smtp.FQDN, whc is resolved by the name server to the OUTSIDE I.P. number, IN ADDITION to the LOCAL I.P. number for the same machine, which in turn resolves to a different (local) name, such as smtp.localmachine.tld?
Finally, in the age of virtualisation, Xen and the like, ISPMan really, really deserves a revival. It is a great, thougfh nowadays feature-poor piece of software, and a pleasure to work with (apart from the above problems, which seem to be locaigal - somehow ;-) !)
Thanks a lot and best regards from Vietnam,
Chris