From: David Wysochanski <davidw@ne...> - 2004-02-26 23:50:50
Ok, here's the code formatting discussion - bear with me,
this will be short. I'm not aware of anyone having laid
this out, so here goes.
In most cases, I don't really care, but we should try to stick to
something so things don't look horrible.
Here's the issues, I think:
1. length of a line: right now > 80 cols
- I'd like to stick to 80 cols if possible, but I'm not going to
reformat every line of code
a) tabs or spaces: looks like mostly tabs, but currenly a mix
b) size: indents seem like they're intended at 4 (with a tab=4sp)
- I'd prefer all spaces of indent 4, but could live with tabs
3. Brackets: right now non-k/r
- fine with me
4. Encouraging formatting
- some editors recognize certain comments as formatting schemes;
we could use this to help encourage consistent formatting
- suggest all lower case, and use of dashes if need be
- I'm not going to go through and change existing dir's,
but I have changed a few filenames to lowercase
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.