About Subroutine FDS

Help
Mike
2007-01-04
2013-04-29
  • Mike

Mike - 2007-01-04

Dear Joe,

I am a college student studying CFD, and I found that the Isaac Code is very useful to me. Recently I have a problem about subroutine FDS.

In file 'invscd.F' subroutine FDS defined as: SUBROUTINE FDS (IFLUX, ITURB, NPTS, QP, QM, S, DQP, DQM, F), there are nine variables. However In file 'io.F' it is called: CALL FDS (IFLUX, NPTS, QP, QM, STEMP, F), only six variables used.

My compiler is Compaq Visual Fortran under Windows operating system. So an error occurred when call FDS in io.F. I was wondering whether this error come from the compiler, or from the code. Thanks.
                                                 Mike

• Joseph H. Morrison

Mike,
      The nine variables in the subrouting specification are correct. The call to FDS in io.F is actually not used. It is in a routine that I wrote to calculate the mass flow through the computational domain to ensure conservation, but it is not currently used. You can either comment out the call in io.F, or correct the argument list. I corrected the argument list and will (eventually) release an update with this error corrected.

I am glad that ISAAC has been useful. I hope it continues to be a benefit to your studies.

Joe

• Mike

Mike - 2007-01-06

Joe,

Thank you very much for your reply. And I have another question. If all flow quantities are not dimensionalized, but the original value are used, what will happen?  Because I think using the original value is less complicated than non-dimensional value.

Mike

• Joseph H. Morrison

Mike,
        It would not work correctly to use dimensional quantities in ISAAC. ISAAC was designed for non-dimensional variables and there are several places where this will be a problem. You would need to work through the entire non-dimensionalization process to find all of these areas, then find them in the code and change the code to work in dimensional quantities. Make sure that you design a good verification process to catch any issues that you missed.

Joe

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks