bsp Maps

Help
2003-04-05
2013-04-21
  • Stefan Vogl
    Stefan Vogl
    2003-04-05

Which program should I use to make the .bsp Levels? And where can I get it?

yours vogerl

• Daniel Dekker
      Daniel Dekker
      2003-04-05

You could try WorldCraft, wich is included in HalfLife or Q3-Radiant, thats the quake3/RtCW editor as far as i know some that make BSP.

http://qeradiant.com/
      http://www.planetquake.com/worldcraft/index2.shtm

i think that u mean that kind of level editor then :)

i personally didnt try any of em. but i heard that Q3-Rad. would be just fine

• Stefan Vogl
      Stefan Vogl
      2003-04-05

I tried WorldCraft., but when I tried to use these files in the Irrlicht Engine, it didn't work. Do I have to use other properties than using it for HalfLife?

yours

vogerl

• Daniel Dekker
      Daniel Dekker
      2003-04-06

this, i dont know, i havent tried it myself, i'm not good in creating maps.

• irrlicht works only with quake3 maps. I think halfilfe maps are Quake2, am I wrong?

• Daniel Dekker
      Daniel Dekker
      2003-04-07

could be, then he should try the Q3 radiant, but i thought maybe the latest worldcraft would support q3 maps also, but i guess its still only for halflife

• Stefan Vogl
      Stefan Vogl
      2003-04-10

Thank you for your Answers. I will try Q3 radiant. And by the way, half life is mainly quake 1. But if you want to know more about this, look at www.thewall.de/forum there are very long discussions about this. They are very funny to read *gg*

yours  vogerl

• Daniel Dekker
      Daniel Dekker
      2003-04-12

this is a usefull forum indeed, i'm mainly Dutch, but i can read good german and write a bit, i'm living near the german border anyway. but tnx for the link, i got it bookmarked

• Stefan Vogl
      Stefan Vogl
      2003-04-16

Its me again. *gg*. I found out, that the best way is Q3 radiant. But I do not have Quake 3. Is there a possibility to use HalfLife Maps in the irrlicht Engine, or a way to make Quake 3 maps without Qauke 3.....many Questions......thank you for every answer
      vogerl

• I think Q3R also runs with the Demo of Quake 3. Downloadable anywhere for free. :-)

• I can create maps without q3 in q3radiant. '_-

• Hmm okay, when you can create Q3 Maps with Q3 Radiant but without Q3, can you explain how? Because I have the same Problem.