From: Paulo da Silva <psdasilva@es...> - 2005-11-26 17:25:13
I am trying to transfer files (or other objects) from
a mobile phone to my laptop using Linux.
Here is what I have done so far:
1. Using Windows, I automatically got an icon for
transfering and a popup window to receive if I command
the phone to send something.
2. System info on windows repported I have an ALI FIR device.
3. I compiled a k 2.6.14 with a module called ali-ircc.
4. The phone manual says it uses obex.
5. I inserted an alias for module ali-ircc as irda0,
and all aliases/options I saw in the howto.
5. modprobe ali-ircc issues the message (dmesg):
ali-ircc, driver loaded (Benjamin Kong)
IrDA: Registered device irda0
ali_ircc_open(), ali-ircc, Found dongle: HP HSDL-3600
From this point I cannot go any further!
I read the howto, I modprobed several modules like
ircomm-tty, serial_cs or 8250, irtty-sir, ... tryed to
use irattach in several ways, ..., use scmxx, ... NO SUCCESS!
Because I did so many trys, I am not able to know what
information is pertinent for this problem. So, if needed,
please just ask me.
I thank you for any help on this supposed simple task.