Menu

Improving Performance

balerion
2012-03-24
2013-05-28
  • balerion

balerion - 2012-03-24

Are there any configuration options that should/can be tweaked to improve performance of the bridge? I'm told by my server admin that the bridge functions seem to be causing quite a lot of SQL activity, leading to SQl connection problems.

We only use the bridge for the purpose of controlling user permissions, and sharing the user database (only members of our forum can contribute to the wiki), so any and all features that don't have to do with that we'd be happy to shut off if we could. But there's not much information on the configuration options or what they do in relation to server performance.

• Peter Newman

Peter Newman - 2013-01-28

A very slow reply to this one.

I don't think IPBWiki should have been adding a particularly appreciable load, certainly not compared to all the queries required to create and show the forum and wiki parts of your site. Did you server admin see any particular queries that were slow to run?

That being said, I've just checked in a few minor improvements, particularly reducing significantly the number of queries that have to be run if you're using IPBWiki to generate discussion topics for wiki articles in the forum.