IPAudit and Apache2: don't work together

Help
bicado mah
2009-08-25
2013-03-06
  • bicado mah

bicado mah - 2009-08-25

Hi! I had installed ipaudit-web-1.0BETA9 on Debian 5.0.2. For that I installed: gnuplot, Time::ParseDate, libpcap0.8 package and dev, php5, gcc, cc compiler, autoconf, bison, flex.

I followed the install instructions but I can't get Apache2 to show the statistics. The link http://localhost/~ipaudit/ don't work. I get the following messages:
    "Not found. The requested URL /~ipaudit/ was not found on this server"

If I check "file:///home/ipaudit/public_html/index.html" it works and I get some statistics. But when I try to click on the links on it doesn't works. I get "File "/~ipaudit/images/ReportTraffic-large.png" not found".

I understand I must to connect my Apache server to IPAudit but I can't succeeded. I don't know how. I'm a newbie on Linux. Maybe I must to create a web site for IPAudit but I don't find info for that.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!
    Bicado

• bicado mah

bicado mah - 2009-08-25

Do I need to configure the apache2 to use suEXEC?

Do I need to install IPAudit also? Or is enough with IPAudit-Web?

• Jon Rifkin

Jon Rifkin - 2009-08-25

You need suEXEC to run some of the web scripts, but without it you should still see the ipaudit front page and 30 minute graphs.

Also, you don't need to install the IPAudit package, because IPAudit-Web includes it.

The problem may be that the Apache2 module UserDir is not installed.  To install it on
        Debian, I believe you need to run these four commands

> cd /etc/apache2/mods-enabled
        > ln -s ../mods-available/userdir.conf  .
        > ln -s ../mods-available/userdir.load  .
        >  /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

Hope that works for you.

• bicado mah

bicado mah - 2009-08-25

Thanks a lot!

Do I must log in like ipaudit-user or root?

BR,
          Bicado

• bicado mah

bicado mah - 2009-08-26

Thanks a lot!

I run the commands like root and I get answer. It seams works very well. I want to test a little bit more and I return with feed back.

BR,
          Bicado

• bicado mah

bicado mah - 2009-08-25

Thanks a lot!

I run the commands like root and I get answer. It seams works very well. I want to test a little bit more and I return with feed back.

BR,
      Bicado