Problems with installer

Help
indygo
2006-12-22
2013-04-19
  • indygo

indygo - 2006-12-22

I'm trying to install Linux on my computer, but I am unable to get the installer to run.  I've compiled the .nsi file for the installer I want, and I'm having errors.  Am I just doing this the hard way, or am I missing a step.  Here's what I've done so far:

1. Download instlux
    2. unzip instlux
    3. compile .nsi for instlux
       (got error, "C:\Documents and Settings\username\linux stuff\instlux_4.0\bin\instluxNETUbuntu5_10_en.exe"
       Can't open output file
       Error - aborting creation process)
    4. Came to Sourceforge for help.

If someone could help me out, that would be great, I'd really like to try out linux.

• indygo

indygo - 2006-12-22

Well, I've figured out part of my problem.  I'm experiencing another problem now though.  Where can I find a .iso file to burn to a disk so I can load this?  Thanks a lot if you can help me.

• jordi_massaguer_pla

Please, download an exe file, so you won't need to compile it, just run it....
      If you are downloading the Ubuntu network version, you do not need an iso file but internet connection. If you are downloading the ubuntu cdrom version, go to the ubuntu homepage. If you are downloading the OpenSuSE version, look for the iso at the OpenSuSE homepage.

thanks for trying instlux,

jordi

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks