[17 January 2007]
ANNOUNCE: InstallJammer Multiplatform Installer, version 1.1b1
The InstallJammer Team is pleased to announce the first
beta release of InstallJammer 1.1!
This is the next big release of major features since 1.0
was released over six months ago. It includes a lot of
big enhancements, major bug fixes, new supported platforms
and plenty of new actions and conditions.
~ What is it?
InstallJammer is a free, open source, multiplatform
GUI installer and builder designed to be completely
cross-platform and function on Windows and most all
version of UNIX with eventual support for Mac OS X.
* A full-featured install builder.
* Installs are packaged in single binary executables for
each platform making web distribution easy.
* Support for multiple install themes.
* Default install themes that resemble popular, commercial
* A high level of configurability.
* Built-in support for Windows and Linux conventions.
* Automatic creation of an uninstaller.
* Easily extended to new platforms.
~ What's New in 1.1b1
The following is a list of some of the changes in
InstallJammer 1.1b1. A complete list can be found in
the Release Notes in the documentation. The complete
ChangeLog is also included with each source release.
This release has major enhancements and bug fixes
along with plenty of minor upgrades and new actions.
See the Release Notes for full details.
* Added new platforms:
* Added support for LZMA compression and "solid"
* Added support for defining all of the command
line options for (un)installers.
* Added console-based installs for UNIX platforms.
* Added support for registering an install with RPM
and DPKG databases.
* Added support for adding icons to Program menus
under Linux and FreeBSD.
* Added new Actions:
Console Ask Yes or No
Console Clear Screen
Console Get User Input
Add Install Info
Get Previous Install Info
Install Program Folder Shortcut
Reboot or Shutdown System
Import Windows Registry File
Remove Windows Registry Key
Focus on Widget
Downloads are available at:
Feedback and bug reports are greatly appreciated.
The InstallJammer Team
Log in to post a comment.