[25 October 2006]
ANNOUNCE: InstallJammer Multiplatform Installer 1.0.4
The InstallJammer Team is pleased to announce the release of
This release fixes some minor bugs that have been reported
since the last release as well as adds some new actions
and a few small enhancements.
This release also includes a lot of changed debugging output
to better help developers debug an install. Much more
information is output to the debug logs.
~ What is it?
InstallJammer is a multiplatform GUI installer and builder
designed to be completely cross-platform and function on
Windows and most all version of UNIX with eventual support
for Mac OS X.
* A full-featured install builder.
* Installs are packaged in single binary executables for
each platform making web distribution easy.
* Support for multiple install themes.
* Default install themes that resemble popular, commercial
* A high level of configurability.
* Built-in support for Windows install conventions.
* Automatic creation of an uninstaller.
* Easily extended to new platforms.
~ What's New in 1.0.4
The following is a list of some of the changes in
InstallJammer 1.0.4. A complete list can be found in
the Release Notes in the documentation. The complete
ChangeLog is also included with each source release.
This is a bug fix release with some new actions.
See the Release Notes for full details.
* Added Brazilian Portugese translations
(thanks to Alan Carvalho de Assis!)
* Added a lot of new debugging output to installers.
* Fixed a virtual text substitution bug that would
cause installs to fail on Japanese systems.
* Fixed a bug in the Launch Web Browser action that
would cause failure on Linux.
* Fixed a bug that would cause skipped panes to execute
their actions when they should be skipped.
* New Actions:
Log Debug Message
Add Directory to Path
Remove Directory from Path
Add Pane to Order
Remove Pane from Order
Downloads are available at:
Feedback and bug reports are greatly appreciated.
The InstallJammer Team
Log in to post a comment.