[23 May 2006]
ANNOUNCE: InstallJammer Multiplatform Installer, version 1.0rc3
The InstallJammer Team is pleased to announce the immediate
release of InstallJammer 1.0rc1!
This should be the last release candidate before the final
1.0 release. Most of the major kinks have been worked out,
and the only bugs being reported are minor and are fixed in
~ What is it?
InstallJammer is a multiplatform GUI installer and builder
designed to be completely cross-platform and function on
Windows and most all version of UNIX with eventual support
for Mac OS X.
* A full-featured install builder.
* Installs are packaged in single binary executables for
each platform making web distribution easy.
* Support for multiple install themes.
* Default install themes that resemble popular, commercial
* A high level of configurability.
* Built-in support for Windows install conventions.
* Automatic creation of an uninstaller.
* Easily extended to new platforms.
~ What's New in 1.0rc1
The following is a list of some of the major changes in
InstallJammer 1.0rc1. A complete list can be found in
the Release Notes in the documentation. The complete
ChangeLog is also included with each source release.
This is a bug fix release, so most all of the changes
are bug fixes. See the Release Notes for full details.
* Fixed a bug that was causing failure in command-line builds
* Fixed a bug that would cause an error in the New Project Wizard
if the user didn't go all the way to the last screen of the wizard.
* Fixed a bug where the text label for text properties was prepending
the word Edit to every label.
* Fixed a bug that would cause the Unpack Stored File action to fail.
* Fixed a bug that would cause the wizard to fail on some platforms
with an error about "wm resizable ..."
Downloads are available at:
Feedback and bug reports are greatly appreciated.
The InstallJammer Team