Crash during matching

Help
meikelrix
2011-02-13
2013-05-28
  •  meikelrix

meikelrix - 2011-02-13

Hi,
    many thanks for continuing this project!
    I compiled on Ubuntu amd64 10.10. I had to install first: sudo apt-get install liblapack-dev libgsl0-dev libsdl1.2-dev libcv-dev libgtkgl2.0-dev libhighgui-dev libcvaux-dev

After compilation I could start insight3d, load the sample set of images, but when hitting "Start matching" insight3d crashes. I get a first progress bar, but afterwards it crashes. Please see below, what happens on the console:

r2d2@r2d2:/media/Data/3D/insight3dng/insight3d$ ./insight3d 
    insight3d 0.3.3, 2007-2010
    testing memory allocation ... ok
    extracting keypoints
    /media/Data/3D/insight3dng/insight3d/example_photoset/100_4741.JPG
    [count = 2309]
    /media/Data/3D/insight3dng/insight3d/example_photoset/100_4742.JPG
    [count = 2609]
    /media/Data/3D/insight3dng/insight3d/example_photoset/100_4743.JPG
    [count = 2389]
    /media/Data/3D/insight3dng/insight3d/example_photoset/100_4744.JPG
    [count = 2433]
    matching{}OpenCV Error: Assertion failed (src.depth() == dst.depth() && src.size() == dst.size()) in cvCopy, file /build/buildd/opencv-2.1.0/src/cxcore/cxcopy.cpp, line 466
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'cv::Exception'
      what():  /build/buildd/opencv-2.1.0/src/cxcore/cxcopy.cpp:466: error: (-215) src.depth() == dst.depth() && src.size() == dst.size() in function cvCopy
    Aborted

Any hints?

Many thanks again
    kind regards
    meikelrix

• Eero Pajarre

Eero Pajarre - 2011-02-14

I am copying my own message to the open discussion forum. Maybe this might help you also, although you are using 64 bit ubuntu: (I fixed the problem by installing libatlas-sse2-dev)

2011-02-06 12:21:55 GMT
    I compiled insight3dng from the git sources on my Ubuntu 10.10 (32 bit). When testing with the example photoset I got an early crash in the matching phase. (with corrupt stack so not easy to debug). I was sort of lucky and noticed that I had libatlas-base-dev installed but not libatlas-sse2-dev. After that the matching does not crash anymore. (Now I see an assert failed in camera matching, but I have not yet had time to work with that) Eero

•  meikelrix

meikelrix - 2011-02-15

Hi Eero,
    thanks for your reply.
    I tried that (I installed "libatlas-amd64sse3-dev"), but it still only gives me a first progress bar and then above "OpenCV Error"?

best regards
    meikelrix

• Eero Pajarre

Eero Pajarre - 2011-02-15

Actually it in any case sounds like there is either a bug in libatlas or maybe another more complicated issue somewhere else in insight3d(ng) which corrupts something. I suspect the later. I might try to do some testing, because the assertion which you mention really feels familiar.

Eero

• Eero Pajarre

Eero Pajarre - 2011-02-15

I did some additional testing (this is all with the source code from git compiled with -g instead of O3)

Without the SSE2 libatlas (The essential package is actually libatlas3gf-sse2) I get a crash at the beginning of matching. This is actually a different error than waht you get  -  core dump without an cv-exception.

With the SSE2 libatlas I get past that one, but  when trying Calibration I get a similar/same error message that you get.

if I run insight3dng under gdb the Calibration finishes ok with no problems!

Valgrind does not seem to find anything significant.

If I had more time it looks like this could lead to an "interesting" (in a negative sense) debugging session.

Eero

•  meikelrix

meikelrix - 2011-02-18

Hi Eero,
    thanks for that. I guess I'll have to stick to the slower Wine "Workaround" then… It's a pity, as the linux version is by far faster…

kind regards
    meikelrix

• Gerhard Killesreiter

I've run into the same problem on Debian Squeeze (32bit), dug a bit around with gdb, found something to google for and then got to this bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/opencv/+bug/684302

After rebuilding the packages and insight3d I can run the match routine on the example photoset without crash.

• Mukul

Mukul - 2011-03-11

hey killes … could you also do calibration and generate vertices + surface textures?
    For me insight3d is still crashing … firstly with an assert fail in cvCopy() right after matching.
    If I debug and ignore the assert failures, then matching finishes but it crashes while calibrating ( in cvSVD), but its exactly the same assert fail error in cvCopy()
    --
    error: (-215) src.depth() == dst.depth() && src.size() == dst.size() in function cvCopy
    --

• Gerhard Killesreiter

I was able to do the whole process with the provided example pictures.

• Gerhard Killesreiter

I was now able to reproduce your error message. It occurs for me if I unselect "skip feature extraction".

• Gerhard Killesreiter

I now got this message on another picture set. That set didn't have good results after matching, so maybe this is also the case for you.

• Aditya

Aditya - 2012-05-11

mashgin : hey killes … could you also do calibration and generate vertices + surface textures? For me insight3d is still crashing … firstly with an assert fail in cvCopy() right after matching. If I debug and ignore the assert failures, then matching finishes but it crashes while calibrating ( in cvSVD), but its exactly the same assert fail error in cvCopy() -- error: (-215) src.depth() == dst.depth() && src.size() == dst.size() in function cvCopy --

Solution : cvCopy gives this error when you are trying to copy array of bigger size to smaller one, in case of images try to scale down the size of the image.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks