Menu

First steps to take

der_simon
2006-09-21
2013-04-19
  • der_simon

der_simon - 2006-09-21

Hi folks.

This is my first project on SF and my first OpenSource project too. My english is poor, but i'll try my very best. So if I make some mistakes, hurry on and say it to me. I can stand it!

The todo list so far:

1. the german comments in the code must be translated.
    2. we must decide, what we want as a aim: a full XML-Parser or just a 99% working substitute of innerHTML.
    3. Should there be a variant, that produces only the code of a documentFragment? Should be faster in cases you have always the same XHTML to hang in the DOM tree.

Other suggestions?

Der Simon

• Ric Lee

Ric Lee - 2006-10-11

I just need a platform-agnostic DOM parser that works with a DOM object.

I use a DOM as a data vector between the front and back tiers of an enterprise system.

So I want to easily drill into the DOM using Javascript and determine the hierarchy of elements and their attributes.

I want to re-arrange parts of the DOM per user which (the user currently moves the elements of a Treeview (YUI library) to represent the DOM structure).

I want to reset their values as well as build/remove parts of the DOM.

This is part of AJAX (XAJAX) that sends/receives the DOM between Javascript (front end) and PHP (back end) for storage.

• der_simon

der_simon - 2006-10-12

Perhaps you can rewrite DOMtoString to DOMtoArray. Means, that the DOM-Elements are not written in a String but in an multi-row-array, that you can easy browse and process by the array functions of JS.

Then there must be a ArrayToDOM function too...

I for myself have not enough time the next two months to program it (I'm still writing on my thesis)...

Perhaps you're able to program it building up on my code.

Der Simon