I noticed with the stable build that all is fine, but up to a point.
If I aggregate an number of objects (say forty of them) into a group and
drag them with the mouse, there is an unbearable lag.
I managed to rectify this by removing the gtk-2.8 dlls and let my
regular installed gtk take over. ( the same file shows no lag at all)
This happy little trick works with the stable version, but not with the
Now, it has been suggested that this might be a bug which has the cpu
This is not the case, no cpu spikes, just a lag.
I am slightly convinced it has to do with gtk/cairo /pango.
I'm compiling inkscape myself now, see where that leads me.
Not that I will be much help after that, I can compile, but I cannot
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.