Bryce Harrington wrote:
> Hi All,
> I've gone ahead and indicated our interest in participating in this
> year's Google Summer of Code.
> Please begin imagining some good projects for us to offer for students
> to work on. :-) The more ideas, the better!
One very interesting functionality would be the ability to connect to
one external Database. This could be a very powerful tool. While this
exist in word processing software for making address list, I never see
it in drawing software
Let me explain in few examples the main idea :
- Simple document like birthday invitations one want to send to several
friends : the database could hold all the address of your friends while
the body of the document could be draw in inkscape. Special fields would
then be replaced by inkscape at printing or preview time by the Database
- Calendar could be automatically made from one template.
- Idem for series of stickers....
- More complex could be building of one full catalog of items, where
the pictures link, names and descriptions of items could be hold in the
database. While Inkscape would hold the templates part.
- It would also allow to separate the redaction part from the artistic
part in making magazine or newspaper
Hope my poor english was sufficient to explain the all !
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.