As discussed a few weeks ago, we'd like to form a new community focused
on testing of Inkscape. If you are interested in helping Inkscape in
ways other than coding, this may be the place for you.
Thanks to rejon's fix to wiki, we now have a place to collect
information related to testing of Inkscape:
An inkscape-tester mailing list is also available for you:
There are many ways to test inkscape. Already, many people have
contributed greatly to inkscape by simply reporting issues they discover
during ordinary use. The Inkscape Tester community will seek to push
beyond this by doing more aggressive, focused testing.
Our community's goals will include the following long term goals:
* Show that Inkscape is fully SVG compliant with all SVG
* Give developers confidence that if bugs are introduced to the
codebase, they will be identified and reported to them swiftly.
* Ensure Inkscape's files can be loaded into all other compliant SVG
software, that Inkscape runs equally well on all platforms, and
that Inkscape can be used easily with a range of other open source
* Prove that Inkscape's usability is best in class.
* Track Inkscape's performance and help motivate its improvement to
become the fastest, lightest weight, and most efficient drawing
These are ambitious goals, but through testing we can help pave the way
for them to be achieved. If these sound like goals you feel like
helping to achieve, please join in building a new Inkscape Tester