Alright, I haven't made a full diagram of guide transformations
using handles, but looking at the different tiling types, I am
now convinced at least that it is at least possible. So, with that
in mind, I bring you YATTIP (Yet Another Tiling Tool Interface
By popular (?) demand, this is now a tool again! (with a possible
extra dialogue for extra options). The "handles" approach actually
resolves a number of things. In fact, when choosing a guide, you
now simple start with the following defaults:
- P1 for wallpaper
- Simple-rotation and scaling for radial tiling
- Simple translation for line tiling (but all Frieze types are available)
Double-clicking a "tile" changes the toolbar into the tile edit mode.
Using either the handle or a drop-down in the toolbar, you can then
change the tiling type. Since for wallpapers, most people will be
using P1 anyway, this approach should be satisfactory.
Other features I had proposed are still there:
- Guide points and other guide types
- Excluding parts of a tile's exterior and fusing all the tiles
- Tile stacking should be still possible from a dialogue
Any major comments before I completely redo the wiki content
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.