Copy CD method

Help
metalboy4
2008-10-15
2012-10-10
  • metalboy4

metalboy4 - 2008-10-15

I find the copy method strange, is this correct or am I doing something wrong? I am coping with source and target the same drive. I insert the source first and I cannot seem to get the copy disk option to work. But, if I insert my target disk first I am prompted to insert the source disk and it seems to work fine is that normal?

• metalboy4

metalboy4 - 2008-10-22

I think it may be related to DVD's. I am receiving this messages "Cannot read full TOC header" and "Read fulltoc problems". It doesn't matter what I do I cannot burn the disk. I must just be running into several different problems here.

• metalboy4

metalboy4 - 2008-10-18

Woa. Not everyone at once! Is this the right place? Is this software not supported?

• DADSGETNDOWN

DADSGETNDOWN - 2008-10-18

I wil try after a while today, and see if it works like yours, I forget.
        Infra has a few problems, I LOVE that it's portable, but I mostly use CDBurnerXP (free).

You can try and post at the portable apps forum too and maybe someone can help you. just post in the
        "Other Apps Support" forum.

http://portableapps.com/forums

• metalboy4

metalboy4 - 2008-10-19

Thanks for looking I will try at portable apps and see if anything happens.

• DADSGETNDOWN

DADSGETNDOWN - 2008-10-20

I use Infrarecorder Portable.
            I had to access the help file, chm
            in the Flash Drive Directory to get
            the version which seems to be,
            Version 0.44.1.0.
            Sometimes my old CD-RW stops
            responding so I did get an error, but it corrected itself.
            I think infrarecorder does this anyway.
            I think what you should do, is start infrarecorder with no disc in, then
            it should ask you to put in the source disc.

So, here is what I did.
            I put in the source disc, in my CD-RW,
            I already had portable apps running,
            But then I started Infrarecorder,
            and chose "copy", then it ejected the CD-RW DISC TRAY and said to put in
            the disc I want to copy from.
            (But it was already in there
            so I just closed it again.
            When the settings window came up,
            I chose "Clone Mode" (recommended),
            It started making the image, then even though there was an error during
            the process ( I can't copy the error)
            It asked for the blank cd, so i put it in and it finished up,
            I checked the cd, everything was there, it was readable and I copoed a file and put it on my desktop everything seems fine.
            Hope this helps.
            If not post again, and I WE will try something else.
            I am glad to help.
            Sorry it took so Long I have 7 kids and something came up.
            You are probably like me and need it right away :P

• DADSGETNDOWN

I meant to say, what you should try is start infrarecorder go all the way
              as far as you can until it says put in a disc, with no disc in.
              So you would select copy and all that, just go until it says ther eis no disc or insert the source disc.

• metalboy4

metalboy4 - 2008-10-20

Thanks for your reply! I am using version 0.45.0.0 for Vista and it basically prompts for the target disk first. I would post a pic but doesn't seem to be possible here.
                Once clicking copy disk window comes up with source and target drives (of course these are the same) Top of window says "Insert a blank disc". OK button is greyed out until I place blank disc in. No other options.

• DADSGETNDOWN

I wonder if that's a quirk with Infra 45, or infra with Vista.
                  What happens when you insert the disc you want copied, rather than a blank disc ?
                  OH, also are you using Infrarecorder, or Infraexpress ?

I use the portable apps menu, adn when mine starts it is IREXPRESS.

So I looked on my flash drive and in the F:\PortableApps\InfraRecorderPortable\App\InfraRecorder, and there are 2 .exe's.
                  InfraRecorder.exe
                  irExpress.exe
                  Maybe it will still happen, but if you have't yet tried irexpress,
                  or infra isn't using it, maybe just double click that,
                  irExpress.exe
                  and see what happens.:)
                  I am hesitant to upgrade, when things work. actually no matter what lol.
                  But I will take a look at the 45, and maybe upgrade, and see.

• metalboy4

metalboy4 - 2008-10-21

If I place the source disk in first it looks at it and then ejects and prompts for source disc, clickning Ok, of course, causes the read to fail, disk not ready.
                    Strangely enough, I got one disc to copy using the irexpress.exe and by waiting until tray closed to click ok to continue.
                    I also got the disc to copy using the infrarecorder.exe.

I must be an idiot. Although, I am at home now and the problems I am having was at work. Only difference is hardware. Maybe the pressing OK before drive was ready is what I was doing before, I am not sure. I will try to copy tomorrow and post back. All that said I still think it is a strange method to prompt for the blank disc first.

• DADSGETNDOWN

DADSGETNDOWN - 2008-10-21

Yea. definitely let the drive spin up for 15 or 20 seconds just incase...

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks