Parameters for dynv6.com

Help
Arcady
2018-04-19
2020-12-05
  • Arcady

Arcady - 2018-04-19

Hi! Inadyn show me:
    Cannot find DDNS provider default@dynv6.com, check your spelling.
    Thu Apr 19 23:38:09 2018: Error parsing option --system
    Thu Apr 19 23:38:09 2018: Failed starting daemon: RC_CMD_PARSER_INVALID_OPTION_ARGUMENT

Thank you!

Last edit: Arcady 2018-04-20
  • Bryan Hoover

Bryan Hoover - 2018-04-22

There's no default@dynv6.com. From extra/servers_additional.conf:

#aliases for entries with --svr_auto_dual option (default dual stack), default to ip type 'coupled'
    dual@dynv6.com --svr_auto_dual --dyndns_server_name dynv6.com --dyndns_server_url /api/update?hostname=($ALIAS)&token=($PASSWORD)&ipv4=($IP_ADD$
    dual@dyndns.org --svr_auto_dual --dyndns_server_name members.dyndns.org --dyndns_server_url /nic/update?system=dyndns&hostname= --ip_server_nam$

[snip]

ipv4@dynv6.com --dyndns_server_name dynv6.com --dyndns_server_url /api/update?hostname= --ip_server_name checkip.dyndns.org / --svr_rsp_success$
    ipv6@dynv6.com --dyndns_server_name dynv6.com --dyndns_server_url /api/update?hostname= --ip_server_name ip6.me / --svr_rsp_success "host updat$

• M^3

M^3 - 2020-12-03

I just want to point out what I discovered about this: If you are using ipv6@dynv6.com you will have to put your token in the --username field with no password. dual@dynv6.com worked with it in the --password field with no username. Also, on the dual entry, the expected server response is wrong, it should be --svr_rsp_success "addresses updated"

• Bryan Hoover

Bryan Hoover - 2020-12-05

Thanks! I've uploaded a new servers_additional.cfg - https://sourceforge.net/projects/inadyn-mt/files/servers_add/

Token in --username parameter is good for a workaround what appears to be a dynv6.com parsing error - it fails to parse past an empty parameter, so I'm guessing &token=&token=xxxxxx gets parsed with the first parameter getting the value '&token' instead of the empty string.

You might want to report this to dynv6.com. In the meantime, if you prefer to use --password for token, you can change servers_additional.cfg, svr_ip_param to something like ipv6 blah token, where the first instance of token has been changed to blah, so that dynv6.com ignores the unknown parameter, blah.