General use / questions / forum

2013-02-13
2013-04-01
  • Nicolas GERARD

Nicolas GERARD - 2013-02-13

Hi,

I'm a mechanics PhD, not specialized in calculations, but interested in.

I'm used to design mechanical components (head of a design office), the related regulation requires some drop tests, that are generally modelled by sub-contractors with commercial suites.

I don't have any intention to change this, but would like to be able to launch some preliminary calculations. At the moment, i can only estimate "by hand" some strains / deformations in materials devoted to shock absorption.

If i can help in any manner, don't hesitate asking me (english to french translation, writing of documents...).

At the moment, i'm locked at the entry of the program, since i would like to model a rough simple cylinder. I don't have any commercial preprocessor, and i can not do it with Gmsh (i did not manage more precisely). Although i wanted to go forward in calculations since more than ten years, i couldn't do it. I have to be considered as a beginner...

If somebody has an idea for the meshing of the cylinder (i can nevertheless build it and import it as a .stl file using a CAD program), i would be really interested !

Sorry for my poor english.

Best Regards,
    Nicolas

• Waluyo Adi Siswanto

Hi Nicolas,
    The Impact website has been linked to Google translator. If you would like to improve the automatic translation for Impact website in your preferred language. Please let me know your email in google account, I will register it as one of Impact translators so you can improve the automatic translations in Impact.

For the pre-processor, you can try GiD.

regards
    waluyo

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks