Is the import SQL file available?

Help
2003-07-11
2003-07-16
  • Rick Bailey

Rick Bailey - 2003-07-11

I'd really like to try your code on my website, but I can't get the install.php to work.  Could you post (or send me) the SQL import file that I need for your converter?  I can see the tables in the INSTALL.PHP code but, not being too familiar with MySQL I can't form the correct SQL import file from it.  Thanks!

- Rick

• U. Weiss

U. Weiss - 2003-07-14

Hi,
      There's one in the new version (1.5) called "ascii.sql"
      There was a bug in a former version (i think it was 1.4 or 1.3) of the installer, so please check out v. 1.5, It's got a few additional features aswell.

Greets,
      Ueli Weiss

• Rick Bailey

Rick Bailey - 2003-07-14

Thanks for the SQL file.  I could not get the install.php to work so I went ahead and imported the SQL data into my DB.  I'm getting inconsistent results when I try to convert some images (around 50k JPGs).  I will either get a page that does not load or a page with a bunch of <BR>s then my original photo.  The trend that I've seen so far has been that if I try to do a color dot picture the page won't load.  If I don't do color then I'll get the page with a bunch of breaks then my orig pic.  I'll try to do a few more tests of the other styles and see what happens.

• U. Weiss

U. Weiss - 2003-07-15

do you have acces to the php.ini file?
      Maybe the max_execution_time limit is reached. Do you get any other error messages?

try testing with small images first, then gradually go up. Does it work with small images?

what php & mySQL version are you using?

• Rick Bailey

Rick Bailey - 2003-07-15

Unfortunately, my site is hosted and I can't get to the PHP.INI file.  My PHP version is 4.3.2 and MySQL is 4.0.10-gamma-globat.  I did try using a 5kb JPG and I could get the DOT mode to work, but I couldn't get the Matrix 1:3 or 1:1 mode to work.  I guess their time-out value is set too low for some of these options.

• U. Weiss

U. Weiss - 2003-07-16

sorry. I can't help you there. The only possibility is to download an apache Server, PHP and MySQL for your PC and run it locally.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks