Menu

32-bit version removed (20180917)

v77
2018-09-23
2018-09-24
  • v77

v77 - 2018-09-23

As we already seen, if there are too many alerts from antiviruses for an executable, the whole website (that is, the homepage of the project) can be removed from the Google's index.
    The installer of the 32-bit version (20180917) is currently flagged by 15 antiviruses as a threat (there were only 4 alerts when I uploaded the file).
    In order to avoid ImDisk Toolkit homepage removed from Google, I have no other choice but to remove the 32-bit version.

Most people think that internet is ruled by Google, but this is wrong. Even Google relies on antiviruses to say which software is a threat or not.

• Chaython Meredith

64bit needs signed

• v77

v77 - 2018-09-24

Why? Only the driver needs to be signed, and this is already done by Olof Lagerkvist. There is no such requirement for user mode executables.

That said, for the current problem, signing executables is often enough to reduce the number of alerts, because someone who gives his identity to a certificate seller will not take the risk to create a malware, so this reduces the suspicion.

But I don't want to contribute to this market. Code signing certificates are expensive, and I want to be free to remain anonymous.

The number of alerts is now 10. If it continues to decrease, I will reupload the 32-bit installer. Otherwise, I will let the people download an old and buggy version, because this is what the antiviruses want.

• v77

v77 - 2018-09-24

Number of alerts is now 5. This is low enough, so the 32-bit installer is reuploaded.