Menu

Make Test No Decode Delegate error

Help
2010-03-12
2013-04-30
  • Craig Truzzi

Craig Truzzi - 2010-03-12

Hello I hope that this is a known problem. I am trying to install IM4Java onto a Mac OS X 10.6.2. Below I have provided a image of the error, I was simply trying to install it.
    http://yfrog.com/efscreenshot20100312at110p
    Anyhelp would be great.

• Bernhard Bablok

Bernhard Bablok - 2010-03-15

Hello,

seems that your setup of ImageMagick is broken, since jpg is a standard image-format and there must be a delegate for it. Does ImageMagick work if you call it on the commandline (from the same window you called "make test")?

You might also need to follow the instructions given here: http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php?ImageMagick=b70ko2122rkme2l1isao4aapg4#macosx

Bernhard

• Craig Truzzi

Craig Truzzi - 2010-03-15

You where correct I had it installed incorrectly some how.
    However I am still unable to finish all tests, I get to the 13th test and get an error. I'm assuming that it cannot find a specific file that should have been there but I am not sure what yet.
    14. Testing GraphicsMagick's gm convert …
    java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "gm": error=2, No such file or directory
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:459)
    at org.im4java.process.ProcessStarter.startProcess(ProcessStarter.java:273)
    at org.im4java.process.ProcessStarter.run(ProcessStarter.java:224)
    at org.im4java.core.ImageCommand.run(ImageCommand.java:137)
    at org.im4java.test.Test.testGraphicsMagick(Test.java:588)
    at org.im4java.test.Test.main(Test.java:108)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
    at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
    at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:53)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:91)
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:452)
    … 5 more

• Craig Truzzi

Craig Truzzi - 2010-03-15

Since I have no easy way to edit.
    My main problem atm is that I cannot actually run the test class in Eclipse. It gives me an error that a file is not actually in my code. I try to run the test for all or just 1 or 2 by putting them in the args. It gives me this error
    2. Testing operations and suboperations …

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "convert": error=2, No such file or directory
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:459)
    at org.im4java.process.ProcessStarter.startProcess(ProcessStarter.java:273)
    at org.im4java.process.ProcessStarter.run(ProcessStarter.java:224)
    at org.im4java.core.ImageCommand.run(ImageCommand.java:137)
    at org.im4java.test.Test.testOperation(Test.java:250)
    at org.im4java.test.Test.main(Test.java:123)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
    at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
    at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:53)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:91)
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:452)
    … 5 more

which is the exact same I was getting for the 14th test except I am getting it for any of them. The line that should be activated appears to be correct. And my file structure is just a copy of the download. Except I added the jar file to the library. Is there a specific lib from ImageMagick that might be required to add to the lib as well?
    http://yfrog.com/j1screenshot20100315at120p
    I have not done any of the setting paths as I am not completely sure how to do that on a Mac either (brand new to the system).

• Bernhard Bablok

Bernhard Bablok - 2010-03-16

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "convert": error=2, No such file or directory

The convert program is not on the system PATH. I don't know how to set it, since I am no MAC user.

BTW: the preferred channel of communication is the jmagick-users mailing-list. There are MAC-users reading the list, so the chance is higher that somebody can help you.

Regarding your last post: the given test will only work if you install the GraphicsMagick package. Other tests use even other programs, they only work if you install the relevant package.

Bernhard