Color profile

Help
2013-10-18
2013-11-08
  • Maros Strmensky

Maros Strmensky - 2013-10-18

Hi,

I have problem with images with eciRGB profile. TIFF is shown ok, JPEG2000 file (generated with kakadu) is ok, but when Image server returns JPEG, colors are different.

Is there a way how to add information about palette or transform image to sRGB in IIPImage server to JPEG generated by IIPServer ?

Thank you

• Ruven

Ruven - 2013-10-21

You're right, these kind of profiles are not currently working correctly in the IIPImage server. I'll try to fix this - there are 2 options. First to simply convert the image to sRGB. Or secondly to embed the eciRGB profile within the exported JPEG. The risk in this case would be with browsers that don't handle color profiles. Though, I imagine most modern browsers now do.

• Maros Strmensky

Maros Strmensky - 2013-11-08

Hi, I did a small research, and I found out that ICC profiles like eciRGB and adobe RGB are "display" profiles, and JPEG 2000 restricts profiles only to "input" profiles. For now we trying to fix it by converting original TIFF to sRGB and then create JPEG 2000 file from it (first solution you mentioned). But it would be nice if IIPImage checks ICC profile and do the transformation, or at least, add iformation about ICC profile to resulting JPEG (if possible)

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks