The server encountered an internal error ?

Help
2009-01-15
2012-10-06
  • Riccardo Saettone

I'm using trustix 3.0.5
    I compiled the server without errors.
    but I had two warning in configure.

configure: WARNING: found fcgi
    configure: WARNING: optional dynamic module loading not enabled

And obviously the server don't work.

When i try to test the server with the direct URL method

http://192.168.22.219/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi?FIF=/home/<my username>/htdocs/as/pim/demo.tif&wid=200&cvt=jpeg)

The server respond with this page:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

And the httpd error log tell me that:

[Thu Jan 15 14:30:02 2009] [warn] FastCGI: server "/home/<my username>/htdocs/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi" has failed to remain running for 30 seconds given 3 attempts, its restart interval has been backed off to 600 seconds
    /home/<my username>/htdocs/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi: error while loading shared libraries: libfcgi.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    [Thu Jan 15 14:30:02 2009] [warn] FastCGI: server "/home/<my username>/htdocs/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi" restarted (pid 7137)
    [Thu Jan 15 14:30:02 2009] [warn] FastCGI: server "/home/<my username>/htdocs/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi" (pid 7137) terminated by calling exit with status '127'
    [Thu Jan 15 14:30:02 2009] [warn] FastCGI: server "/home/<my username>/htdocs/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi" has failed to remain running for 30 seconds given 3 attempts, its restart interval has been backed off to 600 seconds

the ipsrv.fcg is in /home/<my username>/htdocs/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcg

and the configurations of my httpd.conf for ipsrv are:

LoadModule fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi.so

Set the options on that directory fcgi-bin

<Directory "/home/<my username>/htdocs/fcgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    </Directory>

Set the handler fastcgi

AddHandler fastcgi-script fcg fcgi fpl

Initialise the FCGI server - set some default values

FastCgiServer /home/<my username>/htdocs/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi \ -initial-env LOGFILE=/tmp/iipsrv.log \ -initial-env VERBOSITY=2 \ -initial-env JPEG_QUALITY=50 \ -initial-env MAX_IMAGE_CACHE_SIZE=10 \ -initial-env MAX_CVT=3000

And for the server-status page mod_fastcgi is installed properly

Apache Server Status for .........

Server Version: Apache/2.0.59 (Trustix Secure Linux/Linux) mod_fastcgi/2.4.2

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks.

• Ruven

Ruven - 2009-01-16

Did you install your own copy of libfcgi? Into /usr/local perhaps?

Your problem is that the user process that controls Apache does not have the location you installed libfcgi in in it's load library path. You can resolve this by either adding this path to the user profile, by coping the libfcgi.so library to the default library directories or by simply removing your own installation and reconfigure and recompile iipsrv to allow it to handle this dependency itself.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments