Multi-page tif file support?

Help
lem8
2009-02-18
2012-10-06
  • lem8

lem8 - 2009-02-18

I have a tif file which has two pages inside, and when i try to view it, i get the next message: "Error parsing image data".

IIPImage server supports multi-page tif files or only simple tif files? Can i do that?

Thanks

• Ruven

Ruven - 2009-02-18

Images need to be converted to tiled multi-resolution TIFF format for use by IIPImage. Although, multi-resolution TIFF's use the multi-page directory structure. it should be possible to have a TIFF that is both multi-resolution and multi-page. However, IIPImage is unable to handle this, so you should split your TIFF into 2 separate files.

• lem8

lem8 - 2009-02-18

I splited the tiff file in two separates tiif files, but i get the same message "Error parsing image data". I have a lot of images (tiff an jpeg too), is there any way to convert this tiff files in tiled multi-resolution TIFF format automatically??

Thanks

• Ruven

Ruven - 2009-02-19

You can convert a whole directory by some simple scripting. For example with bash, do something like:

for file in original_tiffs/*.tif ; do vips im_vips2tiff $file converted_tiffs/$file:deflate,tile:256x256,pyramid ; done

If you are on Windows you can do this via cygwin. Something similar should also be possible using native Windows scripting

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks