Documentation

Help
Skip
2009-01-25
2012-10-06
  • Skip

Skip - 2009-01-25

Hi guys,

I'm using IPP server for one of my projects and that all works fine, but there are a few things I can't figure out.
    Is there any additional documentation about the exact parameters accepted by the fcgi?

i.e. Id like to generate an image containing i.e. half of one tile and half of the next, but just can't fine the right syntax things like that.

Thanks!
    Skip

• Skip

Skip - 2009-01-25

Here is an example I'm having issues with to explain my problem.

With this URL i was expecting to get a 700 px wide JPEG, but it's only 486 px:
      server/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi?FIF=/images/test.tif&RGN=0,0,1,1&WID=700&CVT=JPEG

And this was I expected an 800 px, but that's 972 px:
      server/fcgi-bin/iipsrv.fcgi?FIF=/images/test.tif&RGN=0,0,1,1&WID=800&CVT=JPEG

It's probably no coincident the second one is exactly twice the width of the first one, but I can't seem to figure out why...

Thanks
      Skip

• Ruven

Ruven - 2009-01-26

Yes, in fact the available sizes are only those existing within the tiled pyramid structure of the TIFF. So, you have the full-sized image, then 1/2 size, then 1/4, 1/8 ... etc. I've updated the website to make this clearer.

If you want to know more about the protocol itself, you can download the full specification from the "protocol" section of our site. However, IIPImage only supports a subset of the protocol plus some of our own extensions. When I have time, I will try to more fully list the available commands we support.

• Skip

Skip - 2009-01-26

Thanks Ruven, that explains a lot!

Do you have any suggestions what the best way would be to generate i.e. a 700 px wide image?
          I'd like to prevent having to manipulate multiple tiles, merge them and crop them again if that makes sense.

Thanks
          Skip

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments